19 August 2018

Heathers Ascending - Part 7

*Occasionally, I find illustrations or photos that catch my eye enough to write a story around them. I saw these on Tumblr. I don’t know the artist, but these images appeared in a 1930s McCall’s Fashion book. They inspired me to chart three ladies’ very bizarre day



After the Heathers changed the direction they were facing, any thoughts of gerrymandering party districts fell by the wayside; such thoughts had taken so much energy that they had The Dapper Fellow tackle a waiter for his tray. 

"Say now, did we all decide to dye our hair?" Archduchess Fanty asked, placing a hand gently to her own coiffure; she'd hoped the cricket she letting a small apartment to was comfortable.


"Mine is not permanent." The Superior Nunny explained, "I accidentally dumped my martini on my head because I thought we were at the Derby."

"Its a nice shade of gin on you, Nunny." Lady Jane said.

"Jane?" Archduchess Fanty asked, "Are those your small men figurines over there?"

"Yes. I was hoping they would take us on a tour of the garden later, but it seems they are too engaged on the dance floor." Lady Jane said with a click of her tongue. She really liked the way her tongue sounded when it clicked.

"When did the Blue One learn how to fan dance?" The Superior Nunny asked.

"Oh, he's known that for ages. I just hope the Russian one gives me my kimono back, those can only be washed when one wears kitten heels." Lady Jane said.

"This is all lovely but I feel like The Dapper Fellow and The Whispering Man should be bringing us things. Isn't there another waiter that can be tackled?" Archduchess Fanty asked.

"They would but they are in an intense staring battle." The Superior Nunny said.

"Oh! Does that mean my title is in jeopardy - my word!" Lady Jane said falling backwards, causing The Whispering Man to catch her with his one free arm. Lady Jane took his cigarette and fit it between her top lip and nose.

"I miss Cowboy." Archduchess Fanty said, adjusting her dog collar.

No comments:

Post a Comment