19 August 2018

Heathers Ascending - Part 8

*Occasionally, I find illustrations or photos that catch my eye enough to write a story around them. I saw these on Tumblr. I don’t know the artist, but these images appeared in a 1930s McCall’s Fashion book. They inspired me to chart three ladies’ very bizarre day



"Well, this party has been a drag." Archduchess Fanty said, sitting on what she believed to be The Whispering Man's ex.


"I don't know, giving The Whispering Man skunk stripes was a bit of fun." The Superior Nunny said, desperately hoping someone would find her left arm and return it to her.

"I am afraid I agree with Fanty," Lady Jane said. "I expected so much more from my figurines and now that they have enlisted in the old man's weird sheep army, I won't have anyone to play with tomorrow."

"What happened to The Dapper Fellow?" Archduchess Fanty asked.

"Oh, is he not here? I can't see anything through this hat." Lady Jane said.

"How long must you wear your hat backwards in mourning for your lost figurines?" The Superior Nunny asked.

"I believe it is for 5 weeks, but that is only because they enlisted with a sheep army and not an army of kitchen utensils - then it would be 7 weeks." Lady Jane said, trying to itch her nose.

"How long are we going to sit here and look bored?" The Superior Nunny asked; the brightly French flag themed tree above her was beginning to make her nervous.

"Oh, are we supposed to be looking bored? Shoot, I have been looking enigmatic for over an hour. What a shame." Lady Jane said.

"I want tuna fish." Archduchess Fanty declared. "Say! Let's go to the gas station and tell people their license plates mean something wretched in other cultures!"

"Capital idea!" The Superior Nunny said, having spied someone carrying her arm.

"I'll call the station and see if they can keep Cowboy for a bit longer and let's leave a note on the tree in case The Dapper Fellow comes back. Take my hand, I can't see a thing." Lady Jane said.


Fin

No comments:

Post a Comment